How to make Do-it-yourself Tacos
- Chef: NDTV Food
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10 mins 10 seconds
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Cook Time: 40 mins 10 seconds
- Difficulty Level: Easy
A quick and easy Tacos recipe. Just throw the kidney beans, crumbled cottage cheese and your favorite veggies, drizzled with lime, sour cream and a green tomatillo salsa. Wrap up this scrumptious filling in warm taco shells and you are ready with a satisfying meal.
Ingredients Of Do-It-Yourself Tacos
- 1/2 an iceberg lettuce, shredded (refrigerated)
- 2-3 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 red onion
- 1/3 red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 100 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
- 150 gm rajma (kidney beans), cooked
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves bashed garlic
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 green tomatoes
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 50 gm grated cheddar
- Taco shells
How to Make Do-it-yourself Tacos
- 1.In a pan, heat olive oil, add the bell peppers, onions, garlic, green chilies and saute nicely.
- 2.Add the cooked kidney beans to this mixture.
- 3.Crumble the cottage cheese into the pan.
- 4.Add the cumin and chilly powder.
- 5.Mix all the ingredients together well.
- 6.Add 1 teaspoon of tomato puree to the mix.
- 7.Season with salt and pepper, add lime juice and chopped coriander and mix well.
- 8.In a mix add 2 green tomatoes, 1.5 teaspoon olive oil, a big pinch of salt and a small bunch of coriander leaves to make a nice green salsa.
- To assemble the Tacos:
- 1.Warm the taco shells in a moderate oven 170°C for 5 to 6 minutes
- 2.Start with adding the shredded lettuce in the taco, and then add the kidney beans and cottage cheese mixture, jalapenos, cream cheese and grated cheese with the green tomatillo salsa.